- Are you interested in dementia research?
- Do you have experience of caring for or supporting someone with dementia?
- Do you want to share your views and experience to develop a research project?
About the research
Dementia is a complex disease. There is currently no cure, only treatments that temporarily reduce symptoms.
In spite of this, there are many examples of existing drug treatments shown to decrease dementia risk. These drugs are already being used to treat other diseases. What if we could use combinations of these drugs to treat the multiple factors that contribute to dementia?
Our research will explore how combinations of drug treatments for other diseases can potentially be used for the prevention of dementia.
About the focus group
We are looking for between 4-6 people from the Oxfordshire area to join a focus group to discuss our proposed research project and help make sure it reflects the priorities of patients and their families and carers.
We are looking for potential group members that:
- Have experience of or an interest in dementia research
- Have experience of caring for or supporting someone with dementia
- Would be happy to share their views in a group discussion about our research project
The focus group will last up to 2.5 hours. It will take place in November, at the Warneford Hospital site in Oxford. The date and time will be arranged in consultation with potential participants.
We will refund travel expenses and offer a payment of £30 for all focus group participants.
How to express an interest in joining the focus group
If you would be interested in being part of the focus group please send an email by the 1 October 2019, briefly outlining how you meet the criteria for the group, and why this project interests you, to: Danielle.Newby@psych.ox.ac.uk