- This event has passed.
Working with the Seldom Heard Webinar: Learning Disabilities
Thursday 19 November 2020 at 11:45 am - 12:45 pm
Ensuring that health services, research and education meet the needs of people from all walks of life is a vital. To achieve this, we need to work in partnership with people from diverse communities, for example Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic groups or the LGBTQ+ community.
This often means we need us to work differently: going to different places, meeting people where they are.
In our series of online webinars, we will hear from a range of speakers from different communities. We will discuss how we can work collaboratively to ensure that we include seldom heard voices in our work.
This second event will focus on Learning Disabilities. Our three guest speakers will talk about their experience and answer questions during this 45 minutes webinar.
- Dawn Wiltshire & Jess Tilling, Consultant & Deputy Charity Coordinator – My Life, my Choice
- Rachel Miller, Patient Experience Lead for Learning Disability Services- Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Angeli Vaid, Family Advocate – Oxfordshire Family Support Network
This webinar will be held via Zoom – after you have successfully registered you will be sent instructions on how to join.
This event is open to anyone working in the NHS, health education and research, interested patients and members of the public from Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes and Oxfordshire. Additional places may be offered to attendees from outside this area depending on availability.
For further information please contact Laurie Kenny at firstname.lastname@example.org
These workshops are organised by the Working Together Thames Valley Partnership:
• Oxford Academic Health Science Network (AHSN)
• NIHR Oxford Biomedical Research Centre (BRC)
• NIHR Oxford and Thames Valley Applied Research Collaboration (OTV ARC)
• NIHR Oxford Health Biomedical Research Centre (BRC)
• NIHR Clinical Research Network Thames Valley and South Midlands