Research done with and by patients, carers and the public produces better results and treatments. We’ve been working with our Patient and Research Group to identify how we can make sure patients, carers and the public are at the centre of our research.
We’ve developed a Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement Strategy that sets out the different activities we will focus on. Our April 2019 Progress Report shares the activities and progress we have made in delivering the Strategy.
We want to:
- Raise awareness of our research and opportunities for involvement.
- Build a pool of patients, carers and the public who are interested in being involved in our research.
- Provide training and resources to support researchers, patients, carers and the public to work together.
- Engage with community groups and health services, to make sure our involvement and sharing activities reach a wide range of people.
- Embed patient and public involvement within our research procedures.
- Understand the experiences of the people we work with, and find out how this kind of involvement changes research.
Interested in being involved?
To find out more about our strategy, or opportunities to be involved in our research, email Claire Murray, Patient and Public Involvement Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org