The Clinical Research Network Thames Valley and South Midlands are making funds available in 2023-24 to support the training and career development of individuals delivering NIHR portfolio studies.
The funding can be used for a short course or modules which will provide training and expertise in research skills.
Eligibility (Applicants must meet all the criteria below):
- Research Nurses, Midwives, Allied Health Professionals (AHPs), non-registered and registered Clinical Research delivery staff (e.g. Research Assistant; Clinical Studies Officer, Clinical Research Practitioner); and anyone working in primary care, secondary care, local authority, public health, and social care
- Funded by CRN or working on NIHR portfolio studies*
- The course/module** should be on a topic that will improve research skills and be of benefit to the research in which the applicant is currently involved
- Funding will only be secured if the invoice for the course is received before 30th of November 2023.
- * The NIHR portfolio studies that are funded by NIHR and eligible for CRN support for more information click here.
- ** Funding will only be awarded towards the course fee and not for accommodation or travel costs or any other expenses.
Application via Google Form: https://forms.gle/URySpVZ7iPrj37tDA (copy and paste this link in your Google Chrome internet browser).
A statement of approval by your line manager will be required, so please don’t start the application if you don’t have this text to insert in your application.
Please complete the application form with as much information as possible to enable the panel to make appropriate awards. Of particular importance is clarification of your CRN funding/identification of NIHR portfolio studies that you work on and a signed statement from your line manager stating that they support your application and will support and facilitate any associated request for leave/study leave.
The maximum funding that can be awarded will be £1000 per individual; this might be part funding of a course.
Depending on the number and standard of applications, the CRN may decide to part-fund the courses applied for. You would then be responsible for sourcing the remaining funding required to attend the course.
- 29th of May 2023 at midnight
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome by the 14th of June 2023.
Any questions please email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions associated with the award:
At the end of the course/module an email should be sent to the WFD Training Coordinator via email@example.com with feedback of the applicant’s experience of the course/module (a feedback form will be provided but additional free text is also welcome).