- Do you have experience of treatment resistant depression either as a patient or a carer?
- Are you interested in medical research?
- Would you like to share your experience and interest to contribute to a new research study?
We are setting up a Patient Advisory Group for a new research trial that will evaluate the drug pramipexole as add-on treatment for people with treatment resistant depression.
The Patient Advisory Group will help ensure the research is both relevant and feasible, including reviewing the trial design and helping develop information for trial participants.
Members of the Patient Advisory Group will have expenses paid plus be offered reimbursement for their time, as outlined in Oxford Health Biomedical Research Centre’s payment policy.
Further details about what membership of the group will involve, and an outline of the study, can be found in the Patient Advisory Group Outline document.
We are looking for between 4-6 people to join the group, and ask that members:
- Have experience of treatment resistant depression either as a patient or a carer
- Have an interest in medical research
- Are willing to share your experience as a patient or carer, and your reflections on how someone with similar experience may respond to various aspects of the study design
- Have a willingness to listen to, and consider, different perspectives and opinions
If you would like to join the group send us your expression of interest, outlining how you meet these criteria, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We encourage interested people to get in touch with us as soon as possible. The deadline for expressions of interest is 13 June 2019, but if we receive a large number of contacts we may fill all the spaces in the group before this date.