The Mental Health Research Community Map is an interactive map for mental health researchers to find collaborators and connect mental health research in the UK quickly and easily.
Set up by the Mental Health Research Incubator, the aim is to build a collaborative, multidisciplinary directory of mental health researchers by encouraging anyone to drop a pin and share their research interests and professional contact details.
You can find a helpful guide and short animation about the map and how to use it. With over 600 pins already dropped, it is hoped that this tool will improve opportunities for research collaboration, supervision, and implementation across the UK.
Anyone with an interest in mental health research can drop a pin and connect with others, professionals, students, researchers at any career stage, lived experience experts etc. If you want to connect with other people in mental health research, then the map is for you!
How to use the Mental Health Research Community Map
- Search keywords for mental health areas or specific conditions, methodologies, or research areas
- Refine your search results by profession
- Zoom into locations on the map to find people based near you
- Contact future collaborators using their professional contact details or links
- Drop your own pin on the Map with your name, professional background, research interests, professional contact details, and where you’re based
- Share the #MHRCommunityMap with others on Twitter
The Mental Health Research Incubator is a national initiative funded by the National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) to increase capacity for mental health research in the UK. Through their website, newsletter, and Twitter, the Incubator provides advice, support, and funding opportunities to mental health professionals who are exploring a career in research.